Thursday, June 16, 2011

How I Cared for My Baby's Bone Development

Okay, so I am all for proper development of my baby's bones, considering my husband and I both suffer from quite a lot of back pains, I really don't want her to go through the same. We go often to chiropractors, but I am still a little concerned about taking my daughter to one yet, even though I really want to, maybe when she is just a bit older. I follow all things natural with her development, ever since my daughter was born I researched and decided to not use walkers, any crotch hanging carriers or jumpy seats as I heard they might not be good for the developing spine and pelvis. I didn't even get a Bumbo seat for her to sit up, and I never even held her hand to assist her to walk. My theory is, if you can't do it by yourself, then you are probably not ready for it yet, and it can't be good if I force you to. That, and plus I really wasn't in a rush for my baby to walk. On the side note, did you know that the crawling motion is actually more stimulating to the brain than walking? Crawling is actually an important part of brain development, so it is actually better for you to encourage your early walker that skipped crawling to do more crawling. Well, anyway, and when it came to footwear I follow the advice that barefoot is the best for babies to crawl and learn how to walk. But the down side of this is I tend a lot of comments and dirty looks about how I am not letting my baby wear socks in winter, and now about not wearing shoes when walking. Now that my daughter is walking outside more and more, I went and bought those soft sole baby shoes from Target, they are kind of like leather socks, and I intend to keep her in soft sole shoes as long as possible, I might even get her one of those FiveFingers shoes with us when she gets to that size. I really hope that by following nature that my daughter will never have to worry about back pains in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment