Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Banana Peel to Remove Splinters

Letting my daughter go barefoot outdoors sometimes means getting a splinter on the bottom of her feet. It didn't bother her at all, as a matter of fact I didn't even notice it was a splinter until many days have past. I just thought it was a tiny red bump, maybe a cut or a rash, but then it just didn't go away. As I look closer, I see this tiny tiny black dot in the middle, and sure enough, a splinter. Trying to squeeze it or use a tweezer did absolutely nothing, and plus my daughter's constant kicking and fighting me and my husband, worried and telling me to stop it doesn't help either. Out of frustration I looked for other methods online, then I came across a comment about putting a banana peel on top of it overnight. At first I thought this is the most stupid thing to do, but I figure, what harm can it do, plus I am kind of out of options, so I gave it a try. The very next day, I notice the splinter does look like it is more to the surface, and so I gave it another night, the next day I was able to use a tweezer and take it out. Who knew. Apparently banana peel has some kind of enzyme that promotes healing, and it will encourage the skin to heal and push out the splinter. Now, healing property means that it will also do a lot of other things besides just splinters. I found online that banana peel can be used to treat warts, cuts, bug bites, bruises, rashes, acne, and even wrinkle reduction, now I got to try that one and see if it is true, my husband just might see me cover my face in banana peels one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment