Saturday, May 28, 2011

Speaking of Growth Spurts

I did not know that this stuff exist when I hit my daughter's first growth spurt, so yes, it really took me by surprise. She was exactly 7 days old and I could not figure out why she was nursing so much and crying so much, I thought she was sick or some mysterious spirit was bothering her (crazy I know) and worried myself to death until I did a quick Google search and learned about it. I seriously think this is something that all first time parents should be told about. Anyway, the first growth spurt tend to be the 7-10 days old mark, then 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3, 4, 6, 9 months. But the timing tends to be more individualized as they grow older and older.
Growth spurts are a different issue from the Wonder Weeks, and also different from teething, so with all these going on, you can see that the first couple years of a baby life is definitely not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment