Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Bought Those Vibram FiveFingers Shoes Today



I can’t believe I went out and bought these, I mean most people’s reaction to this shoe is something like, “ew, disgusting.” But after reading up about the benefit of being barefoot, I just can’t let this little bit of self-consciousness stop me from achieving my health or at least to test it out. My husband suffers from heel pain, and puts those support gel thing in his shoes, which now I learn might not be a good idea. I have had chronic back pain and many sciatica attacks ever since middle school. And believe me that this is no fun. I have been through many chiropractors and even had custom made feet support pieces in my shoes, but none has fixed me yet. I do believe that I probably need to work this problem out by wearing proper footwear and exercising and stretching. Now, reading from Vibram’s website, these FiveFingers shoes are suppose to let your feet move how it is naturally intended to, and it will train those muscles that have long been neglected due to our restrictive shoes, and in turn strengthen and align my spine and improve posture. I read some reviews from Amazon.com that claims some promising results, now I just got to try it. Going to start walking exercise with my husband, since I bought him a pair too, in these and see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment