Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let's Get Out and Play More -- It's Good for the Brain

Doing a simple search online and I find bunch of information regarding infant brain growth. Apparently 85% brain growth is done by age 3 and all significant brain growth in human children is completed by the time they are six years old. This means the first 6 years of our life is probably the most important for brain stimulation. I am thinking, maybe instead of spending all the money on expensive private schools or tutoring centers, it might be best to invest more into the first 6 years of your child’s life. Provide more stimulating activities for them, buy more toys or give more items of different uses and textures for your child, and provide the best nutritional food also, and ideally even more so before age 3.
I am already watching what my daughter is eating, and I am sure she has plenty of toys and books, I am going to make it my goal to do more activities with my daughter each day and to resist the temptation to just sit at home and watch TV or use the computer. Hey, this might even improve my health and quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment