Sunday, July 24, 2011

18 Month Sleep Regression

I am at the 18 months sleep regression now, well, actually my daughter kind of started this regression around 17 months so I have already been in this mess for a little while now and just now finally admitting it. So, according to online resources and The Wonder Weeks, your child will go through yet another sleep regression at around the 18-21 months of age period. It can last just a few weeks, or even a few months. This is horrible for my daily scheduling, but I guess something that I just have to learn to live with. My daughter is fighting her nap everyday now, and I can't predict when I can successfully put her to sleep, she was already a horrible sleeper to begin with and now it is even worse. At first I thought I just didn't tire her out enough, so I tried to add more activities in the morning, however, I am just recently learning that it has nothing to do with it. Parenting is definitely hard work, I keep on telling myself that "this too shall pass." But I'll have to say, physically it has gotten a lot easier, I still cringe at the kind of sleepless times I had before my daughter turned 5 months. Bad news is this is still not the last sleep regression, but I'll survive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment