Friday, July 15, 2011

Drink More Water and Relief Back Pain

We all know that water is good for us and we should drink more it. I notice that whenever I drink less water, I tend to encounter various problems such as clogged milk ducts in my breast (yes, I am still breastfeeding) or acne start to show up on my face, etc. However, one thing I never thought to link to dehydration was my back pain. But now I am reading more and more about how water can cure back pains. And I have to say from my personal experience, I will say there is definitely some truth in it. I really don't drink enough water a day, my husband likes to call me a camel because of this bad habit of mine, and every once in a while my lower back hurts. Afraid of it leading to sciatica again, I always run to the chiropractor to realign myself, the adjustments work and I do feel wonderful, however, I am frustrated on how short of a period I can maintain it. I usually contributed it to my improper postures or lack of exercise, which does play a role, however, I never thought it could also be related to water intake. So when I learned about this concept, the previous time my lower back started to act up again, I started to drink tons of water and surprisingly, within a couple of days, the lower back pain went away. Apparently we need adequate fluid in between our joints for it to work properly. I am a believer now, hahaha. Well, at least I know I definitely should drink more water, it also helps us detox our body of toxins. My grandmother had always drink a very big glass of water in the morning right when she wakes up and has practiced this for years, she lived close to 100 and was always moving around in good shape, I am thinking this is a practice I should do everyday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment