Sunday, August 7, 2011

Recycling Made Easier

I am so happy to see a big recycle bin at Lowes. They take rechargeable batteries, cell phones, plastic shopping bags, and most importantly for me, CFLs, since many other places have bins for the rest of the items. I have been trying to look for a place to conveniently recycle CFLs and finally I am able to get rid of my pile of broken CFLs. For other hazardous wastes, many city also have free recycling. Like in my city there is a center that takes all your electronics, paint, etc for free as long as you are a resident. Now the only thing I am still searching for convenient recycling is all those CDs and DVDs that I want to get rid off. So far I am just collecting them in a box and maybe once I collect enough I will mail it in to a recycling center to recycle, but if they have drop boxes in stores like Lowes, it would make things a lot easier. I didn't even know that those CD and DVD disks should be recycled in the past and have been tossing them in the trash, I feel so bad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment